In this article, we are going to list top App Development Companies in Texas. So, if you are someone who’s looking to get started with an app development project and want to hire someone locally, this article is for you.
Why should you rely on this article?
Unlike others, we spend a lot of time contacting, reviewing and getting accurate information about various businesses and list them on our website with an in-depth review which includes the following metrics:
- The list of their services – You can use this list to see an app development company is offering the services that you are looking for. In many cases, some app development companies don’t actually offer software development services. Instead they offer a variety of services that might help you with app optimization, troubleshooting, maintenance and digital transformation.
- Most frequent industries – This is just a list of their favourite niche and industries or at least these are some niche where majority of their client come from. This will help you in understanding what type of services they offer and if they are familiar with your target niche.
- Portfolio items and notable clients – Notable clients will show you that they have worked with some famous brands and their recent portfolio items will help you in checking their style, design language and a client testimonial. Of course, nobody would list negative review on their website. So, we scrap the web to find negative reviews from certified clients and share them in this section as well.
- Office locations – Many companies today have virtual offices and some companies also have offices in multiple locations across the globe. So, if you are looking to work with someone who at least has some level of local presence in your desired area, you can use this information.
- All of this is followed by a final verdict from our expert. This will help you in making an informed purchase decision if you weren’t able to come to a conclusion after reading the complete review.
So, now that you are familiar with our rating system and all the metrics that we use to rank these businesses, let’s not waste any more time and dive right into the top app development companies in Texas.
What’s an app development company?
An app development company is essentially a software development agency that has a specialty in developing android, iOS, web, and browser applications. Since software development is such a large niche, targeting a smaller niche opens doors to a very specific client list.
On top of that, most software development companies that claim to be software development companies, actually might not offer app development related services. So, if you are looking for app development services, you will have to specifically look for app development companies.
That’s the major difference between the two.
What’s the main difference between a software development company and an app development company?
An app development company will only help you out with native, hyrbid application development while a full-service software development companies may be able to help you desktop applications for macOS, Windows, Linux, iPhone, Android and many other platforms.
As mentioned earlier, every app development company is a software company but every software development company may not classify as app development companies.
What’s the average cost of getting a native iOS or Android application?
Native app development is far more expensive that hybrid app development. With native app development, you pay for a single application to be developed which could very well cost you somewhere from $10,000 to millions of dollars depending on the complexity of the project, features, contract, number of team members involved and the deadline.
Furthermore, you could also expect price variations if you want some post-production services and regular updates.
Not to mentione, app development is not a one-time deal. You will have to make sure that you that your application stays updated and bug free. For that, you will have to break a deal for a long-term relationship.
What are hybrid applications and how can they help your business?
Native applications are developed for a single platform while hybrid applications are a single application that can be deployed for both iOS and Android platforms while having all the native controls and features unique to each operating system.
Using hybrid platforms such as Flutter and Xamarin can save a lot of cost of producing native application.
On top of that, from a developer’s point of view, you only have to master a single platform and work with clients requiring native applications for either mobile platforms.
What’s the typical app development process?
A typical app development process can be divided into the following steps:
- Consulting – This is the step where you first make contact with your desired app development company and send them a message or book a call to discuss the project and various other features that you might want in your applications.
- Market research and product research – The app development company will do their initial research and come back with a solid action plan and price quote. Since there’s no fixed pricing for such a service, they will charge based on the total features and services that is required for the project.
- Brainstorming – In this session the app development company brainstorms a few ideas and starts working on your project. They also find the best approach to transform this idea of yours into a working application.
- Graphic design and UX design – UX design is the most important aspect of any software development project. It decides how your target user will behave while inside your application.
- Prototyping – In this step, they develop a prototype as soon as possible which packs all the features to give your client a good idea of what to expect when the final version is polished and ready to be released.
- Development – The design and engineers start to work on the project and code things down.
- Feedback and review – The finished application is sent over for review. In this step, you could also ask them to modify a few things here and there.
- Project completion – The project is finally completed and ready to be launched.
- Product launch – the final product is deployed in various platforms and rigorous quality assurance sessions.
- After-sales support – The development team stands by for any initial bug reports.
This is a typical app development process but if your app is one of its kind, you can expect far more steps and more delay in the process.
What’s an iOS device?
An iOS device is basically an iPhone. iOS is the operating system developed by Apple Inc. They are privately owned and nobody other than them can contribute to this mobile operating system.
This makes iOS very secure and a closely guarded secret.
iOS also happens to be the first smartphone OS that truly revolutionized the smartphone industry and forced Google into focusing more towards mobile market which lead to the birth of Android OS.
For an mobile OS to stay around for more than 2 decades, it needs to pack some serious punch and premium features.
unfortunately, iPhones don’t sport any revolutionary features and most features are already available on other platforms such as Android.
What’s an Android device?
Android is a mobile operating system developed by maintained by Google but it is an open-source project which means any mobile phone company can install Android on thier device, modify the core and add extra features unique to their devices.
While iPhones are extremely expensive to purchase, Android found a vast gap in the market and penetrated it with affordable products that an average Joe could afford.
Fast forward today, Android is the largest mobile operating system with more advanced features that iOS and any other device that exist today which includes Windows and even macOS.
With some adjustments, Some Samsung phones can be transformed into fully functional desktop computers.
So, Android can easily be classified as the most advanced mobile operating system around today.
How to find the best app development company in Texas?
Not just Texas, but if you want work with the best app development company from any particular location, you will have to conduct a brief research session and interview a lot of available options to find the most reliable app development companies.
Fortunately, we have created various lists to help you out with your sorting and filtering.
Additionally, we have also used a few other metrics and listed all of them in our individual reviews.
From a list of services, niches and industries, office locations and notable clients, we have inserted all the relevant information in our individual company reviews.
So, if you are having trouble talent hunting, you can visit our company profiles and review to find the best app development companies in any particular area.
Do you need a website with your applications?
You definitely need a website with your application for more just one reason. A website can be accessed by any user from any platform since it works on the browser.
So, if you are a business that only deals with Android Apps but you want to offer some level of services to the iPhone users as well, you can do that by getting a web application developed or by simply having a website with limited features.
Furthermore, search engines do index apps but that only works when someone searches on Google with the exact search term matching the name of your application.
So, you’ll have to spend a lot of money in the marketing and paid ads just to get your brand somewhat popular. But, if you spend a little time and money on publishing some quality articles on your business blog, you will be able to rank for a lot more keywords which will eventually bring in hundreds of thousands of organic search traffic to your website. You can prompt these users to install your application and save thousands of dollars on paid advertising.
If that’s not enough, you can also treat your business website as a business card. If you are business, it is more than important today to have a website up and running. With this website, you can share your company news, addresses, contact details and accept bug reports from users.
So, if you already don’t have a website, get one as soon as possible.
Should you hire a remote app development company to develop your application?
Hiring a remote app development company can help you save a lot of money but hiring locally has its own benefits which includes data safety and protection, you can visit their office for a meeting, they will be communicating in your native language and since there’s isn’t any time zone difference, you won’t have to wake up late at night or early in the money to attend a video conference with the app development company.
How much does a typical app development project cost and how long does it take to get a native application developed?
A typical app development project is a combination of native app development for all major platforms. As of today, iOS and Android are the two major OS that most businesses focus.
So, depending on the features and a lot of other criteria, the cost and time of the project may get delayed.
You will have to get in touch with an app development company to get a well-educated estimate on the same.
From our experience, we can say that an average app development project can take somewhere from a few weeks to a few months to complete.
Since, there’s a chance that you’ll end up asking for some modification, even this estimated delivery time can vary and delayed. The best thing to do is to get a free consultation from a promising app development company listed in this article.